European Hockey Federation Competitions Coordinator
Title: EHF Competitions Coordinator
Location: EHF Office, Brussels, Belgium
Type of Appointment: Full time
Application deadline: March 6, 2014
The European Hockey Federation (EHF) is the Continental Federation governing body for all hockey, Indoor and Outdoor, in Europe, representing 43 Member Associations.
This position is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic sports administrator to gain international sport experience in an inspiring environment. In our 2013 General Assembly our theme was “Hands on” and this reflects our current working philosophy.
The successful candidate should have:
• Excellent knowledge in the field of Hockey.
• Excellent knowledge of technical competition matters, such as ranking systems, match schedules, new formats etc.
• Good human relations and excellent ability to communicate with all the stakeholders.
• Preferably, knowledge of the EHF and the running of its competitions.
• English: Fluent oral and written. Other language(s) an advantage.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines.
• A pro active and service-orientated attitude
The Competitions Coordinator’s main responsibilities will be:
• To act as a member and secretary of the Competitions Committees Outdoor, Indoor and Coordination, together with any competition working groups.
• To organise the bidding procedure for all EHF Competitions (Indoor – Nations and Clubs / Outdoor – Nations and Clubs) in conjunction with the Competitions Committee, Indoor – Outdoor and Director General.
• To assist with the preparation of EHF Tournament Contracts.
• To liaise between EHF and National Associations/host organisers regarding all EHF Competitions and to assist them to adhere to the Event Manuals and stated obligations..
• To advise National Associations/host organisers on how to act as centre of excellence regarding organising EHF competitions.
• To ensure, in conjunction with the International Hockey Federation (FIH), that as well FIH and EHF Calendars are compatible as Tournament regulations for Organisers and Officials are maintained and up-to date.
• To work with the Chair of Appointments Committee and Operations Coordinator and to liaise with EHF officials appointed to events.
• To prepare match schedules (in consultation with FIH where appropriate) and to publish them
• To evaluate the respective events, including the analysis of Tournament Director’s reports.
• To prepare documents for the Disciplinary Officer.
Place in the organisation:
• Report to the Director General
• Close co-operation with the Chair of the Competitions Committee Outdoor and Indoor.
• Close co-operation with the Chair and Secretary of the Appointments Committee.
• Close co-operation with the EHF Operations team and Communications Manager.
• Close co-operation with the volunteer committee members.
• The role is based out of the EHF Office in Brussels, but involves extensive travel across Europe.
• Candidates must be available to interview in Brussels on the 25th or 26th March.
How to apply for this job:
Please apply with full career details and current salary no later than Thursday 6 March 2014 by e-mail to: –
European Hockey Federation
E-mail: [email protected]