Applications for Club of the Year 2015 will be accepted until January 29th. This award highlights those clubs who grow and promote hockey in their communities, as well as make an effort to develop not only their players, but also their volunteer base, their coaches, umpires and facilities.
In order to become the EHF Club of the Year 2016, clubs must be nominated by their National Associations. Each National Association can nominate 2 clubs, one for each category.
We will have 2 categories available: Large Club of the Year, for clubs with more than 300 members and Small Club of the Year, for clubs with less than 300 members. All documentation needs to apply has been sent to your National Association, so make sure you apply!
Nominated Clubs must meet the following criteria
- Good player membership growth during 2016
- Quality training programmes for youth and senior players.
- Youth development programmes
- Regular training for the club coaches/umpires
- Regular competition for all age players during the hockey season.
- Strong links with local schools and community
- Volunteer appreciation plans and delivery
- A Development plan
- Sponsorship/Partnerships that have helped support Club activities
For more information on our Club of The Year award, click here
Photograph: One of the 2015 EHF Club of the Year winners, Uddingston HC