Title: EHF Development & Education Manager
Location: EHF Office, Brussels, Belgium
Type of Appointment: Full time
Application deadline: March 10, 2017
After 15 year’ service to our members, our EHF Development and Education Manager, Norman Hughes has decided to retire in late 2017. This opens up a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to carry on Norman’s legacy in the EHF.
The European Hockey Federation (EHF) is the Continental Federation governing body for all hockey, Indoor and Outdoor, in Europe, representing 43 Member Associations.
This position is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic sports administrator to use their sport experience in an inspiring, fast developing environment.
The Development & Education Manger’s main responsibilities will be:
• To assist EHF in the delivery of the EHF Strategic Plan
• To act as a member of and fully support the EHF Development and Education Committees
• To encourage growth in the number of hockey players across Europe by focusing on and supporting Youth projects eg EHF events (festivals, summer camps etc) and Member Association projects, EHF Youth Panel and regional Youth competitions
• To assist all 4 areas (Development, Coaches, Umpires & Officials) in the delivery of their annual budgets and action plans
• To have regular contact with EHF Member Associations to maximise the sharing of opportunities and the resolution of any issues. To act as a central support/advisor for all our members and assist with their Strategic Plan development when required.
• To act as the link between EHF Member Associations and Committees when hosting Development/Education events.
• To support the production of the reports from Development and Education Committees that are presented to the Executive Board.
• To promote the growth of EHF Para Hockey through regular competitions and forums, contact with ParaHockey leaders to share resources, contact with INAS and Special Olympics, reviewing rules, formats, classification and eligibility processes
• To support and help manage any twinning projects undertaken by EHF.
• To link with various agencies and source second hand pitches and kit for emerging nations, and to assist with the coordination of transporting second hand pitches.
• To manage and monitor the Club Award scheme
• To work together with the Communications team to ensure that Development and Education events have maximum exposure on our website and social media.
• To manage and monitor the growth of hockey in Europe via a biannual survey to Member Associations
• To present at EHF Annual General Assembly when required
• To assist Director General with Strategic Plan and reports to FIH
• To attend FIH meetings as required
• To act as the link with the FIH Academy
The successful candidate should have:
• Excellent knowledge in the field of sport.
• Knowledge in the field of Hockey and the administration of the game is highly desired.
• Good human relations
• Excellent ability to communicate with all the stakeholders (volunteers, funding agencies, Member Associations).
• English: Fluent oral and written. Other language(s) an advantage.
• The ability to thinking strategically
• A pro active and service-orientated attitude
• Excellent IT skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines.
Place in the organisation:
• Report to the Director General
• Close co-operation with the Chairs of the Development Coordination, Development Projects and Education Committees
• Close co-operation with the Chairs of Education Working Groups
• Close co-operation with the EHF Operations & Communications teams.
• Close co-operation with the volunteer committee members.
• The role is based out of the EHF Office in Brussels, but involves extensive travel across Europe.
• Salary commensurate with experience
How to apply for this job:
Please apply with full career details and current salary no later than 10th March 2017 by e-mail to: –
European Hockey Federation