43 European Nations are affiliated to EHF, each at a very different stage of their umpire development programme.
SNG aims to
- Give umpires/umpire coaches practical and professional development on rules and regulations
- Give umpires professional coaching on the pitch
- Give umpire coaches a professional training how to coach umpires
- Sharing the costs and the benefits to the efforts of all partners involved in the project
We hope to attract umpires/umpire coaches particularly from less developed countries, so that it may be a real “first step on the ladder” for umpires and for umpire coaches to share what they learn with umpires and umpire coaches from their country.
Moreover, we recognise that funding remains a real barrier to doing all the things that many National Associations (NAs) might like to do.
EHF clearly cannot and should not try to run umpiring within National Associations. But what we can do is support the development of home-grown talent. And together we can do a lot through intelligent thinking, good planning and modern technology.
1.) Making the most of regional tournaments:
– EHF will appoint an Umpire Manager/Mentor, at the cost of EHF
– EHF will arrange with you one-day classroom workshops on umpiring-related topics for your umpires and your umpire coaches
– EHF will arrange in conjunction with you two-day practical workshops following the classroom workshops for your umpires and your umpire coaches
– EHF will invite participants from nearby (zonal) countries to attend these seminars
– EHF will give financial support to one umpire and one umpires coach attending these seminars
Five seminars took place in 2013 and four and 2014. Umpire coaches may be individuals with no previous umpire management or coaching experience, but they should be keen to learn and to grow the talent base in their own country.
– EHF has developed a high quality Webinar Portal whereby interactive distance learning seminars can be made available to delegates from National Associations – from the comfort of their own homes. This makes it possible to learn from leading presenters at a fraction of the cost of attending in person.
We need your help!
– Tell us about Regional Tournaments
– Organise Regional Tournaments
– Apply for a seminar by completing the following form not later than 6 months prior the proposed seminar dates
– Suggest topics for workshops and webinars that would really help YOU in your country
For all comments and suggestions, please contact our Education and Development Manager, Norman Hughes (email@example.com)