On Sunday 2nd May 2021 the Coaches 4 Europe & Top Coaches Programme participants gathered online for their third installment this year.
This time the EHF introduced their partnership with Coach Logic and the unique chance learners have to access EuroHockey Championship and Euro Hockey League matches and other resources via the platform to aid their learning whilst on the EHF programmes.
Coaches 4 Europe:
The Coaches 4 Europe group broke out to cover the basic overview of technical individual skills summarised by EHF Lead Mentor Tomislav Jamicic. Following this, the 30 coaches in attendance then engaged with two areas of learning.
- Firstly with EHF Mentor Todd Williams presented on hitting and striking the ball and how best to disseminate and correct this skill as a coach.
- The following session was built around the integration of goalkeepers presented by EHF Mentor Grahame Mansell-Grace.
- All participants then broke out into their mentor groups to discuss the learnings.
Top Coaches Programme:
The Top Coaches Programme soaked up more knowledge as EHF Mentor Bernardo Fernandes summarised initial learnings from the recent ABN Amro EHL Final4 through match analysis. Each group was then split into their mentor teams with a specific task and match video that they had to analyse together and then clip ready for final presentations back in the main room with everyone.
- Defensive topic: Zonal structure of Bloemendaal + how to manipulate that zonal structure as an opponent.
- Defensive topic: M2M structure of Terrassa + how to manipulate that M2M structure as an opponent.
- Defensive topic: Goals how to avoid/defend better to avoid the goal.
- Attacking topic: Post-up situations from attacking or midfield zone.
- Attacking topic: Midfield pattern roles, contact players, offensive midfield, defensive.
Photograph: Ukraine coach Svitlana Makaieva (World Sport pics (c))