The aim of EHF Youth Development is to
‘Give youth the real voice in European Hockey development’
Providing a platform for young leaders to express their views.
EHF Youth Leadership Panel
THERE IS A YOUTH LEADERSHIP PANEL OF 12 YOUNG PEOPLE AGED BETWEEN 18-30 – see here.
- Youth Leadership: EHF provide a pathway to committees in nations and/or with the EHF.
- Work Experience: Across EHF hockey programmes across development, competitions and marketing
- Youth Hockey: Supporting the increase of young people accessing hockey.
- ParaHockey: Increase the amount of European Nations playing ParaHockey.
EHF Youth Leadership Festival
THE EHF YOUTH LEADERSHIP FESTIVAL LOOKING AT A RANGE OF TOPICS INCLUDING:
- Hockey innovation
- Leadership & Management
- Communication Skills
- Careers in sport
- Sports Administration
- Event management
WHEN & WHERE IS THE YOUTH LEADERSHIP FESTIVAL:
- Based in the same country as the European Championships.
- It runs for five days the starting week of the European Championships.
- It therefore runs every two years.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS:
- A good level of English, verbal and written.
- Prepared to present on an area of hockey development they have been involved in over the past 12months.
- Agreement that the National Federation pay for the travel of each young leader.
- Agreement that the National Federation pay the festival fee for each young leader.
WHO CAN GET INVOLVED IN THE YOUTH LEADERSHIP FESTIVAL:
- Each National Federation can send up to 2 young people each aged 18-30.
- We are proud to advocate gender balance and ask for National Federations to please nominate one female and one male.
WHEN CAN I APPLY TO BE INVOLVED:
- For the Youth Leadership Festival this will open up the beginning of year the festival is on.
- For the Youth Leadership Group, please contact us using the email address below.
- For the Youth Leadership Panel, you must join the Youth Leadership Group.
If you need any further explanation or details, please click here to contact the EHF via our contact page.