Youth Leadership Certificate nomination period now open
The nomination period is now open for the EuroHockey Institute Youth Leadership Certificate, an educational programme run dedicated to the next generation of young leaders in the world of hockey.
To create greater purpose, the course revolves around a project approach. with each participant bringing forward their own project. That is then shaped and developed through the workshops and delivered on completion of the course.
The Youth Leadership Certificate will run across 2024 with a ‘Dragon’s Den’ selection event taking place at the end of February, online modules in March, April, June, and September before culminating in an in-person seminar/celebration at the EHL in October.
The course, created by EuroHockey and experts from SportsInQ as a part of an Erasmus+ project will cover a range of modules including:
- Introduction to sport technical management
- Introduction to sport and cultural DNA
- Personal leadership and leading effective teams
- Governance, integrity and ESG
- Value creation and developing a business plan
Nomination and selection
- Nominations must be made by a EuroHockey member national association.
- Nominees must be aged 18–30.
- Once the nominations have been processed, nominees will then be invited to a Dragon’s Den-style selection event taking place in the week commencing 26th February. During this, candidates will present their plan, with the results of this helping to make the selection for the programme where necessary.
The national association development leads have received the nomination information for this programme. If you are interested in this programme, please contact your national association’s development lead.
For more details, please see: https://eurohockey.org/programme-session/aspiring-and-inspiring-youth-leadership-certificate-aiyl
The deadline for applications is 16th February 2024.